From: Phil Wade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 4:59 AM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Witango Version 6 - Community Update

WITANGO COMMUNITY UPDATE
------------------------

Th Witango 6 development project is now drawing to a close and in the
coming weeks a full public beta of both studio and server will be
released. The full release of Witango 6 will be accompanied by
significant changes to both pricing and licensing,  we therefore take
this opportunity to update the community as we move forward.

New Licensing
-------------
Once the beta testing has been completed and version 6 goes into
release, the source code for both the server and studio will be open
sourced under its own license.  Witango will continue to be a
commercial product and a license will need to be purchased. There will
be 3 editions of the Server:

The Lite edition - no change to current license conditions
The Developer edition - no change to current license conditions.
The Professional edition - single machine license, with no limitation
on number of processes or CPUs.

New Pricing
-----------
Witango Studio v6 US$199

Witango Studio upgrade - US$99

Witango Server Lite - Free
Witango Server Developer Edition - Free with studio
Witango Server Professional - US$1499

Witango Server Upgrade from v5.5 - US$999
Witango Server Upgrade from pre v5.5 - US$1299

Those customers who own Witango 5.5 professional edition servers will
have the option at the time of upgrade to upgrade their server to two
(2) Witango 6 Professional edition licenses for US$1499.

Witango licenses will only be available direct from Witango
Technologies and no further discount will apply.

Your Enquiries
-----------
A comprehensive outline of new features will be available on release
of the beta.  We understand many of you will have questions, please
direct them off list to [EMAIL PROTECTED] We will compile a FAQ and
post back to the list.

It has been a long term goal for Witango Technologies to move Witango
to an Open Source product, with simplified and affordable licensing.
Witango v6 therefore represents a major milestone for us.  We would
also take his opportunity to thank our development team who have
worked with consistent enthusiasm and considerable effort in preparing
the code for open source.