---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Dearing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mar 29, 2007 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] RE : acl a directory
To: Jacquet Fabian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If this is WiX version 2 then adding the permission element by default
will remove the "inherit parent ACLs" from the folder. You have to add
the extended attribute. You also have to link wixca.lib into your MSI.

Example:
<Directory Id="DB_FOLDER" Name="database">:
        <CreateFolder>
        <!--
                In order to inherit permissions you must link
                "wixca.lib" into the msi and specify the
                attribute Extended="yes"
        -->
                <Permission User="Users" Extended="yes"
                        GenericRead="yes"
                        GenericWrite="yes" />
                <File Id="Database" Name="example.mdb"
                        Source="..\database\example.mdb" />
        </CreateFolder>
</Directory>

For WiX version 3 the rules are different. If you are using WiX
version 3 I would like to know how exactly you get this to work.