> 1. I really wish
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/10/Bootstrapper/ was more of
> a how-to. It isn't really intuitive on how to use all of this tooling in
> Visual Studio 2005, or where to find it.
>
> 2. WiX really needs a better bootstrapper as a part of what it offers.
> If it were to have a framework to make a bootstrapper ranging from what
> you see with the Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005, Exchange Server
> 2007, and Office 2007 installers, it'd be golden.
>
> 3. I can't believe a company hasn't come up with a Visual Studio 2005
> SDK for building highly customizable and interactive bootstrappers.

My story is that I'm coming to WiX in an effort to create some nice
installers for some ports of some free Unix software to Windows. It
boggles my mind how the official packaging system requires such things
in the first place. I'm actually very surprised that people are in fact
writing boot-strappers. Why doesn't Windows installer support bundling
dependencies?