Hi there
My custom action is a managed exe and I am attempting to do one of the two
choices below:

1)      Show the exception messages from the custom action or be able to return
some error codes which I can log

2)      Change the message that pops up when the custom action fails. The
default is "There is a problem with this windows...". Is there any way of
changing this default message?

The Error attribute cannot coexist with the ExeCommand attribute in the
CustomAction element:
Current implementation:
<CustomAction Id="InstallRepository" FileKey="RepositorySetupCustomActions.exe"
ExeCommand="create123 /InstallDir:&quot;[INSTALLLOCATION]\&quot;"
Return="check" Impersonate="no" Execute="deferred" />

Seems as if writing managed custom actions is not preferred due to messages
popping up and not having access to the MSI thread.

Thanks

Rachna
SDE Repository & Modeling Team, CSD
Microsoft
425.705.6966 [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cell: 425.533.1626