Hi,

>To say  "writing managed custom actions is not supported" is a rather broad
>brush statement.
>There's nothing wrong with running managed code executables that run in their
>own process space.
>It's the installer class >custom actions that are not supported by WiX - I
>don't believe WiX cares if you fire off a managed code executable as a custom
>action.

WiX at all doesn't care anything other than its own XML. But the
Windows-Installer-Team does not support managed custom actions, for certain
reasons, that can be easily found on this Mailinglist.
To get to the point, custom actions are made, to run inside the setup-process
and to enhance the windows-installer capabilities.

Oliver