Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I read those paragraphs a couple of times, downloaded the sample, generated
and copied the GUIDS etc. before writing to the list, and the question did
not target the sequencing of the events. Maybe I have done something wrong,
maybe I missed something from the explanation, but I could not produce that
error message. What I'm interested in is how can that error be made to
occur, to see it appearing in a dialog on-screen (or in the logs), in
practice. What preparations are required for this test (case)?
(In other words: should it appear when 1.0.2 is installed, and an
1.0.1installation runs? It didn't, but I could not find a mistype or
something
like that in the samples I had modified. I built two different bunch of
installers for the purpose. The next question will be: "why couldn't I
trigger the error?" then...)

Thanks again!

Janos