Chad Petersen wrote:

> Have you tried running the same MSI a second time. Does it do the same
> thing as when you click Change in Add/Remove Programs? If so, you should
> be able to have it create a verbose log which might lend some clues,
> like whether or not ARPNOMODIFY is being set or not.

Thanks for the response ...

I've done verbose logging and I think I found something, but I'm still not
certain about exactly what is going on.

The problem seems to be the Preselected property and the condition on the
MaintenanceWelcomeDlg,
which is 'Installed AND NOT RESUME AND NOT Preselected' ... this is the
stock dialog that comes with
WiX, and the condition that is built in to the stock ResumeDlg is 'Installed
AND (RESUME OR Preselected)', so I wonder how the Change button could ever
work ...

Seems like a Catch-22 to me.

-dmm