Bob Arnson-6 wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're asking. WixUI should handle it based on its
> conditions, but it's exceedingly rare (and rude) to require a reboot in
> the middle of an installation; worst case, reboots should happen at the
> end.
>
> sig://boB
> http://joyofsetup.com/

The reboot does happen at the end ... and asks the user's permission before
rebooting [unless run silently], but when the system comes back up and the
Change button in Add/Remove Programs is clicked, the Resume dialog comes
up ... a review of the logfile shows that the Preselected property is set

So ... back to my previous question ... <grin> ... or have I found a bug [I
mean another bug] in a 3rd party merge module ... ?

The only merge modules in the package are from Microsoft [no weirdness in
those as far as I can tell] and Business Objects [Crystal Reports 11.5 for
VS2005] ... and the BO modules are known to be cr*p, they don't pass the
validation tests [I'll supply a log if you really want it], and BO isn't
planning
on fixing them any time soon [if ever, but the latter is just my opinion
...]

On the WiX side, I'm using v2.0.5213.0 because I can't even get the project
to compile/link cleanly with v2.0.5325.0 ... unless I use the previous
version
of mergemod.dll ...

Any suggestions on how to hunt for whatever is setting the Preselected
property ... [or any other thoughts on how to get this working the way
it should] ... ?

Thanks again for all of your time,

-dmm