DexterSinister wrote:
> Ok ... [scratching head & looking perplexed] ... if none of those properties
> are being set via command line [since the installer is being invoked via the
> Change button in Add/Remove Programs] ... is the installer engine scanning
> the package to get feature names and then checking [in the registry, I'm
> guessing ...] to see if any of those features are installed ... ?
>
> If that's the case, how could you ever change an installation ... ?

You wouldn't, so it's a good thing it doesn't work like that.<g> MSI
sets Preselected only in the conditions it's documented to (AFAIK). It
doesn't set it because some features are already installed. Something is
setting it; if it's not MSI because you're not using the properties in
your command line or package, you need to look at the merge modules
you're using. First check the .msi's Property table. If that's not it,
try taking out the merge modules.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/