Bob Arnson-6 wrote:

> It doesn't. MSI sets the Preselected property at runtime. See
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370839.aspx for the list.

Ok ... [scratching head & looking perplexed] ... if none of those properties
are being set via command line [since the installer is being invoked via the
Change button in Add/Remove Programs] ... is the installer engine scanning
the package to get feature names and then checking [in the registry, I'm
guessing ...] to see if any of those features are installed ... ?

If that's the case, how could you ever change an installation ... ?

My logic is working like this:

Product contains 4 features: FeatureA, FeatureB, FeatureC and FeatureD

I install the Product with FeatureA, FeatureB, FeatureD ...

I decide I want to remove FeatureD and install FeatureC, so I click on the
Change button in Add/Remove Programs ...

Windows Installer engine starts up, scans the package ... detects features
named FeatureA, FeatureB, FeatureC and FeatureD ... checks registry and
finds that FeatureA, FeatureB and FeatureD are already installed ... sets
the Preselected property to '1' ... and now instead of getting the
Maintenance
UI sequence, I get the Resume sequence ...

I hope I'm missing something painfully simple here ... if I am, please
enlighten
me ...

Thanks again for your assistance and your patience,

-dmm