I am a little behind on keeping up with the latest updates, but am
currently using WiX 2.0.3719.

Jim

________________________________

From: Peter Marcu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 11:14 AM
To: Jim Williams; WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Doing QFEs With WiX

What version of WiX are you using?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim
Williams
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 11:16 AM
To: WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Doing QFEs With WiX

We currently have a product which installs, literally, thousands of
files (source and binaries) that define applications for creating
operating systems using Windows Embedded CE.  The installer is defined
in WiX.  But we would like to release updates to the files on a regular
basis, like what Microsoft does monthly using QFEs for Windows Embedded
CE.  Is there some way to define a QFE-like mechanism by using WiX?
Even if there isn't, are there some guidelines online somewhere that
define how ones goes about creating a QFE and how the original installer
should be structured to allow for easy installation of QFEs?

Thanks,

Jim Williams
Intrinsyc Software International, Inc.
11130 NE 33rd Place, Suite 200