I've got some machines that after a minor upgrade, unprivileged users
unexpectedly get MSI launching a dialog saying that "the feature you are
trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".
Administrators do not see the message. The installer was run as
Administrator. I assume it is because some features have been installed
as Advertised rather than Local. In my installer however, I have marked
all my features with AllowAdvertise="no", so

The bootstrapper has since deleted the .msi and .cab files - if I put
them where MSI is looking for them (in Administrator's temp directory)
then everything works from then on.

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be happening or how I might
go about tracking it down? I don't even know which feature it is that is
being looked for, since the installer starts while the application is
running, not right at the start.

Thanks,
John