John Hall wrote:

                However, this installing per-user on demand could be
quite useful. I would like to install some files per-user as well as the
registry entries. How do I make sure the files that need to be installed
are available?

        That requires caching the "real" MSI and any external cabs. The
.msi file that MSI caches is stripped of all embedded cabs.

Bob,

Is that something I would have to do manually, or is there an MSI
mechanism?

Regards,
John