From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alperstein, Kenny
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:33 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] GACing a Publisher Policy File Problem

I am trying to GAC a publisher policy file dll using WIX.  When I tried to GAC
it using method that works with .net dll's, I get a message during the install
saying that "One or more modules of the assembly could not be found" .

Knowing that it needs the publisher policy config file, I added that to the
File element in the "AssemblyManifest" attribute.  Then I got an error during
Light that said "error LGHT0124 : Not a valid manifest file; detail: Data at
the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1."  I get the same results if I
specify the "Assembly" attribute as "win32".

Any ideas on how I can GAC this dll?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kenny Alperstein