From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jared
Ashman
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:27 AM
To: Alperstein, Kenny
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] GACing a Publisher Policy File Problem

I had to do something similar, to solve it I had to include the policy
dll along with the config dll it applied to in the same component.

So:

            <Component Id="policy.2.1.somedll.dll"
Guid="{F46DC797-1590-4199-B21A-2F5304F95A8C}">
                <File Id="policy.2.1.somedll.dll"
Name="policy.2.1.somedll.dll" KeyPath="yes"
                     Source="src\policy.2.1.somedll.dll" Assembly=".net"
/>
                <File Id="policy.2.1.somedll.config"
Name="policy.2.1.somedll.config" KeyPath="no"
                     Source="src\policy.2.1.somedll.config" />
            </Component>

The reason for this is the config needs to be in the same directory as
the dll when it's added to the GAC and being in the same component
accomplishes this some way.  Perhaps someone more versed on the
internals of windows installer could say why (I assume items in the same
component are extracted to the same temp directory, but I have no idea
really).  The above should work to GAC the policy however.

J.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Alperstein, Kenny