Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is the preferred way to remove files during minor
upgrades?

For example:

I have installed MyApp.msi (contains MyApp v1.0) wich has MyData component;
I try to update (msiexec /fvdo myapp.msi) with new MyApp.msi (contains MyApp
v1.1) which has  MyData component removed;

The problem is that during the second (update) installation the MyData
component file is not removed but is installer updates its cache that this
file is not part of the installation and does not remove the file during the
uninstallation of the product;

So far I have succeeded with replaceing the File element with RemoveFile
element into the component element but it seems ugly to have empty component
just for the sake of removing files;
Of course custom actions are always the final resort but I dont want to go
there if I dont need to;

So, what is the recommended way of removing components in minor upgrades
(service packs)?

Thanks,
  George S.