-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob
Mensching
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 1:13 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Proposed adjustments the WiX v2 and WiX v3
roadmap.

There is a feature planned to provide progress to parent processes of
the bootstrapper.  The .NET Framework does this already, we'll probably
do the identical thing (presuming it is rich enough).  I don't know if
SQL Express does the same... if not, then the progress for that
component will be dismal and we should all collectively send a letter to
the team to ask them to implement a solution like the .NET Framework.
<grin/>