-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob
Mensching
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:56 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Proposed adjustments the WiX v2 and WiX v3
roadmap.

To provide a bit more detail on what Bob said, the biggest difference
between the planned WiX bootstrapper and the other bootstrappers
discussed here is to create something with built in layers so that you
can use only the functionality that you want.  Additionally, the hope is
to make the binary very tiny (definitely < 500K, and I personally want
to come in < 120K) with very few dependencies.  No earth shattering
"patentable" functionality just very tight C/C++ code.

Also, Bob pointed out that this is the same struggle I had when we
forked WiX v3 off of WiX v2.  There was feature creep affecting the WiX
v2 schedule so we just had to cut the new stuff free.  Thus WiX v3 was
born.