TFS enforces a mutex of 1 running build per build server per project.
Otherwise it's possible to get multiple builds going at once on a single build
server if they build out of seperate TFS projects.

InstallShield craps out when attempting to do this and I've repeatedly tried to
get them to fix it.

As an aside, one company that I used to work for did about 50,000 builds per
year.  The product line is broken down into chunks of assets and a series of
sometimes dozens of builds is needed to compose a product.   Using BuildForge
and ESX, they use a farm of virtual machines with the ability to create complex
chains of builds that get randomly assigned to build machines that match the
configuration requirements of a given build. Concurrent builds are needed to
keep up the tempo.

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me