This is a source of lots of hot discussion on the list right now.  There is
nothing that can automatically manage things for you the way you would be
used to with Visual Studio.  The Windows Installer is a mighty finicky
beasty, and adhering to all of it's rules makes development such a thing a
very difficult task.

The tool "heat.exe" in WiX can do an initial harvest for you, but at last
check for me, the project harvesting wasn't working.  You would need to just
harvest files from the output directory.

>From that point on, the onus would be on development staff to maintain the
.wxs file along with the code.

At least, that's the current recommended workflow AFAIK.   Welcome to the
list!

Chris