For some reason that I don't understand,  the MSI SDK suggests that
LaunchConditions be before AppSearch:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372038(VS.85).aspx

Personally I've always done it the other way around so I can use the results of
AppSearch in my LaunchConditions.  In fact, at my day job, I've dumped
LaunchConditions entirely and rolloed my own pattern that uses additional data
that isn't available until after costing.

http://blog.deploymentengineering.com/2006/07/short-comings-of-launchconditions.html

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me