From: Jason Ginchereau [mailto:jason...@microsoft.com]
Sent: 19 February 2009 17:50
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] DTF - install, rollback and uninstall

Oh. To detect if the product is being uninstalled you need to check the
REMOVE property: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371194.aspx.
But of course you won't be able to access that from a CA running in
deferred/rollback/commit mode.

Typically, uninstall custom actions are conditionally scheduled in the
sequence table using the REMOVE=ALL condition, so the CA would not need
to check for uninstall mode via an API.