From: Richard [mailto:legal...@xmission.com]
Sent: Fri 20/02/2009 18:09
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] DTF - install, rollback and uninstall

In article <e66649032ad92b42901bf5835c76a27f9...@harwood.x2systems.com>,
    "Neil Sleightholm" <n...@x2systems.com>  writes:

> I think you missed the point. I can see there are two different entry =
> points, one for install the other for uninstall but what I can't see is =
> the condition that says to run one on install and the other on =
> uninstall. (Using the SQL one was probably a bad example as that has an =
> override condition other don't.)

Yeah, the SQL one might just be a bad example here.  The SQL actions
are being gated by two different properties: SKIPUNINSTALLSQLDATA and
SKIPINSTALLSQLDATA.  Although I haven't examined the source to say for
sure, I'm willing to bet that there are type 51 CAs that set these
properties appropriately when these actions need to run.  So the "do
this on install", "do that on uninstall" logic is probably encoded in
the conditions on the CAs that set the properties SKIPUNINSTALLSQLDATA
and SKIPINSTALLSQLDATA.