I went back and looked at the source and your right, I didn't have Component_
but I did have Component.

Also if you look in my C# code I have a function that queries component and
does:

if (session.Components[component].RequestState == InstallState.Local)
{
  //populate list of reports to be installed
}

Then later I use the list to do the actual processing.   So while I didn't
follow the letter of the pattern, the intent was followed.

Besides, this was just a prototype which is intended to be refactored as a
proper WiX extension.

Either way I was able to transition the WXS files to a DBA / Report write and
he successfully implemented all of the reports.   I have to give WiX credit
there for that hand off.

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me