Hi Ari,

Thanks for tip re static link & explaining InstallExecuteSequence. Im not
really concerned though about the custom action (launch app after installation
checkbox). I only mentioned it to reference the error message 2896 in the log
in case someone suggested it. The problem is, my installer works fine using
VCRedist.exe (including the custom action) but not with merge modules - wont
launch at all, custom action or no custom action. I thought merge modules &
vcredist are the exact same thing so concluded therefore Im not configuring the
merge modules properly?

thanks,