So I remove the custom action to make sure the merge modules, as you say,
install correctly. Same result...

App wont launch with merge modules (see 1st post for list of what I have). Only
works if prior install vcredist.exe (2008).

Can I rephrase this question. Is there a link somewhere to find out what
exactly is in vcredist.exe and what exactly it does to my system that merge
modules (at least the way I have them currently configured) are not?

No more about custom actions please, and I dont want to bootstrap in
vcredist.exe ;)

thanks all,