From: Castro, Edwin G. (Hillsboro) [mailto:edwin.cas...@fiserv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:17 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] (no subject)

My installer is rolling back immediately after these entries in the log file:

MSI (s) (A0:AC) [16:09:04:827]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=ExecXmlConfig,,)
MSI (s) (A0:AC) [16:09:04:827]: Executing op:
CustomActionSchedule(Action=ExecXmlConfig,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=ExecXmlConfig,CustomActionData=********)
MSI (s) (A0:AC) [16:09:04:843]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI5EA4.tmp, Entrypoint: ExecXmlConfig
ExecXmlConfig:  Found Wow64 API, but unable to link to
Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection function in kernel32.dll
ExecXmlConfig:  Found Wow64 API, but unable to link to
Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection function in kernel32.dll
ExecXmlConfig:  Configuring Xml File: C:\Program Files\PATH\TO\FILE.xml
Action ended 16:09:05: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

This suggests that ExecXmlConfig is failing but I don't know why. In
particular, what does the Wox64 API stuff mean? I'm running a 32-bit installer
on 32-bit Windows XP.

Edwin G. Castro
Software Developer - Staff
Electronic Banking Services