From: Markus Karg [mailto:markus.k...@gmx.net]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 11:01 AM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: [WiX-users] Per User / Per Machine

Blair,

in a different context you wrote:

> It is best to make your installations pure-perMachine or pure-
> perUser
> and never mix them

There is one thing I do not understand in that context: I always had the
impression that it is up to the *administrator* to decide whether to install
a software Per User / Per Machine: Isn't that what msiexec's /ju and /jm
options are good for?

Now reading your above comment (and the MSDN chapter about the ALLUSERS
property) I am a bit confused.

If it is up to the .msi *author* to decide about Per User / Per Machine
(using the ALLUSERS property), for what is /ju and /jm good then? And what
will happen if my .msi file is for Per User, but the administrator is using
/jm (or vice versa)?

Thanks
Markus