Not to flog a dead horse or anything, but consider this scenario

I create my single installer package.  Inside I provide two different
features:
- Feature 1: All Users (Per Machine) install, will required elevation
- Feature 2: Per User install, can be installed by any standard user or
better.

Structure the UI so that only one of the two features can be set.

So here are a few scenarios:
Scenario A:
- I install for All Users (as admin).  Everyone can use it.
- If another user tries to install again, it goes to Maintenance mode as per
usual.
- Only if the user is an admin could he change it from All Users to Current
User in maintenance mode.  Or Uninstall, Repair, etc.

Scenario B:
- I install for Current User.  Only I can see the install
- If another (standard) user performs the installation, they can perform the
Current User install (only) and can access the installation.  Either I or
the other user can uninstall our instances without impact on the other.
- If a user (admin) performs an install for All Users, I am not sure what
would happen.  But all users should be able to access the installation.  My
installation would either still be my primary installation, or it would be
superseded by the All Users install.  Either way I could still run the
installed product.  I could later uninstall my installation and still have
access to the All Users installation.

Does this make any sense?  Are there any drawbacks to this thinking?

Thanks,

Andreas Mertens