Hi wix-users,

I developed one setup msi. And I want it to be upgradable. The
requirement is:

1. Version 1 install to PathA. (New Install)
2. Version 2 install to PathB. (New Install)
3. Version 3 install to PathA. (Upgrade)

The setup meets the requairment. However, when I perform the above
actions, there are 3 items in Add/Remove Program list. Version 1 and
Version 3 are in the same path. Actually there are 2 installs, since
version 3 just upgrades version 2.

I consider the reason is that I set
<UpgradeVersion OnlyDetect="yes" Property="PREVIOUSFOUND" ...

Here Onlydetect = "yes". I know if I set OnlyDetect="No", then upgrade
will replace the older version. And there is no old version item in
Add/Remove Program list. But if I set OnlyDetect="No", when I perform
second step (install Version 2 to PathB(New Install)), the system will
check last install (Version 1 in PathA), and remove the files in PathA.
I don't what to break install 1.

Is there one way to resolve my problem?

Regards

Chunyan