As far as I know, no, it does not work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiang, Chunyan (GE Healthcare) [mailto:chunyan.ji...@ge.com]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:46 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Cc: os...@live.com
Subject: AW: [WiX-users] New Entry in Add/Remove Program when upgrade

Hi Blair,

I am sorry to confuse you on this issue. I think my requirement has been
changed. I want to install multiple versions to different paths
simultaneously. At the same time, there is requirement to update the
specific installation. It must be minor upgrade, because there are some
files should not be removed.

So I think it is better to use two MSI to fulfill the task. And use
bootstraper.exe to decide new install or upgrade. It makes things easy.
However, I have a question for the minor upgrade MSI. Since there are
mutliple versions installed, and user chooses which one to upgrade, the
minor upgrade MSI doesn't know the Product ID. If I set a new Product ID to
this minor upgrade MSI, is it possible to set it to another Product ID to
this minor upgrade MSI when the installed version is selected by user?

Does it work? value
=::MsiSetPropertyW(hInstaller,L"ProductID",PreviousProduct);

Best regards,

Chunyan