On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM, John Robbins <j...@wintellect.com> wrote:
> K,
>
> Here's how I got SetupBld.exe from WiX to behave like you wanted:
> http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2009/02/27/creating-a-bootstrap-loader-with-wix-3-0.aspx.

Oh, I think I've got it now, or at least am getting there.  I
re-reread your blog and managed to create both release and debug
versions of setupexe.exe per your instructions.  I copied setupexe.exe
to my stubs directory and ran with an argument of -setup
Stubs\setupexe.exe to test setupbld against my newly-generated build
of setupexe.exe.  That worked fine.

Now the question is: per your instructions how do I define a custom
title and icon?  I'm looking at wixver.h, WixDistribution.h and
setup.RC and I'm not seeing any #define that would explicitly allow me
to define an icon or title for my .exe.

What am I missing?  I'm sure it's something trivial.  Thanks again for
your response and excellent tutorial!