If you happens to know how to launch the application in quite(silent) mode,
please let me know.

Thanks.

________________________________
From: little.forest <little.for...@ymail.com>
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:00:16 AM
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How to force to launch application in silent install
mode?

Thanks Sascha.

It's good to know that the InstallUISequence is never executed in quite mode.
But in another case, I set a property in command line argument, it seems
working. I mean, we have a checkbox called "Install Quick Launch shortcut". By
default it's off. So the quick launch shortcut isn't created by default. In
command line, I added this 'INSTALLQUICKLAUNCHSHORTCUT="1"' in command line,
then in quite installation, the quick launch shortcut was created. So it seems
working. I wonder why the similar case for "Launch application" on the final
page would be different? I thought it's supposed to work the same way as the
quick launch shortcut, right?

Let me know if you know the reason.

By the way, the reason we need to launch the application in quite installation
is because these:
we have an auto-update mechanism. The idea is, the application will
periodically check if there is any new build available in our provisioning
server. If there is any new version, then ask the end user if she wants to
download it and install it. If the end user says yes, then we'll download it
and install it. After installation of the new version, we'd like to
automatically launch the application, because the previous status of the
application was in  running state. This is just like when you update your
browser like Firefox or Chrome. I think it's okay if the application isn't
launched by default in quite mode. But by setting some kind of property, the
application will be launched in quite mode. This will satisfy both the network
admin scenario as what you mentioned, and our case.

Anyways, since it's not supported, I'll think about if I can schedule this
launching action in our bootstrapper - we have a bootstrapper for the
installer.

Thanks again.