From: Pratapa Reddy Sanaga [mailto:pratap.san...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:45 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] WebBrowser control in custom UI dialog

Hi,

I'm trying to solve the following problem.

The MSI will enroll the client into my service only if the user
provides LiveID credentials and the MSI is able to get a federated token
from LiveID service. Currently LiveID does not support using ws-trust
endpoint to get a token, so I will have to either use IDCRL or use a
WebBrowser control. I am trying to look into the option of using a
WebBrowser control.
 Is it possible to have a WebBrowser control in the custom UI dialog, so
that the user can provide his LiveID credentials and the WebBrowser control
can talk to the LiveID service to get a token? I myself am not sure if what
I'm asking for even makes any sense, but there has to be a starting point...
:)

Thanks,
Pratap.

--
Vote for loksatta = vote for a better future