Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it.

After talking to InstallShield tech support, we were told features we were
looking for aren't supported and there's no guarantee they'd implement them
anytime soon. Also, we decided to move away from InstallShield because of
customizability/source control/internationalization issues.

Just FYI, most of the items on the your list are either supported by NSIS by
default or easily written yourself and it's not hard to learn. I wrote a rather
complicated bootstrapper ( to learn NSIS ) and it took only a few days :)

I agree that InstallShield has tons of companies using it and they seem solid.
I will not agree it's bulletproof, we've found bugs that are still not fixed (
several years later ).

Alex