From: CoolBreeze [mailto:coolbreeze...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 1:15 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Problem searching GAC for installed assembly

I'm having some problems with getting a condition I've defined to work
properly. I have the following condition defined and I'm trying to have
the
installer search the GAC for the existence of the assembly. If the
assembly
isn't present I don't want to proceed with the installation, because
it's a
pre-requisite that it must already exist.

<Property Id="CSLA">
    <DirectorySearch Id="GACPath" Path="%systemroot%\assembly\"
Depth="0"
AssignToProperty="no">
      <FileSearch Id="CslaFileSearch" Name="Csla.dll" />
    </DirectorySearch>
</Property>
<Condition Message="CSLA 3.6.2 must be installed before you can continue
with the installation.">Installed OR CSLA</Condition>

Can anyone see what the problem might be? Each time I start the
installer,
it comes up saying that CSLA must be installed, even on a machine that
does
have it installed under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Csla\...