From: Chad Petersen [mailto:chad.peter...@harlandfs.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:43 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Problem searching GAC for installed assembly

If it was pre-installed perhaps the MSI is cached and you could inspect
it using Orca or similar tool. Normally in C:\Windows\Installer. Just a
thought. A combination of the date/time stamp of when it was installed
and/or the Properties of the MSI in that folder and looking at the
Summary tab will help identify which one is correct since the MSI name
is some number in this folder. It took just a couple of minutes to find
my MSI amongst the 143 MSIs on my system.