Hi,
thanks for fast reply!

In the MSI log I can see that it actually finds the correct SETUPFOLDER path
from registry, but then there are some rows saying:
Ignoring disallowed property SETUPFOLDER

But I can see that it finds the correct path because further down in the log
I have something like

AppSearch: Property: SETUPFOLDER, Signature: SETUPFOLDER
MSI (c) (F0:80) [17:32:47:087]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Signature 3: -2147287038
MSI (c) (F0:80) [17:32:47:087]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding SETUPFOLDER
property. Its value is '\\rrdb\xxx\xxx\Setup'.

And then an .ini file is written and it now the log (almost at the very end)
says:

MSI (s) (3C:44) [17:34:07:697]: Executing op:
IniWriteRemoveValue(Section=INSTANCE,Key=SetupFolder,,Mode=0)
WriteIniValues: File: xxx.ini,  Section: INSTANCE,  Key: SetupFolder,
Value:

Note that the value: is empty.

And then at the very very end of the log file it states the properties:

Property(C): SETUPFOLDER = \\rrdb\xxx\xxx\Setup

So again it has the correct value but it does not want to use it when
specifying the target of the shortcut.

Hope this gives you some idea...

Thankful for help!