From: Robert Hermann [mailto:rob.herm...@nicewareintl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 3:43 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Wix Uninstall - MaintenanceTypeDlg, VerifyReadyDlg
Dialog sequence is Shown Twice

When I goto to remove my installed product by running the installer
twice and going into maintenance mode,   here is the sequence of dialogs
I get

1.       MaintenanceWelcomeDlg.  Click next

2.       MaintenanceTypeDlg  click remove

3.       VerifyReadyDlg click remove

4.       MaintenanceTypeDlg click remove

5.       VerifyReadyDlg click remove

6.       Product uninstalls ....

Here is my snippet of code to

            <Publish Dialog="MaintenanceWelcomeDlg" Control="Next"
Event="NewDialog" Value="MaintenanceTypeDlg">1</Publish>

            <Publish Dialog="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Control="RepairButton"
Event="NewDialog" Value="VerifyReadyDlg">1</Publish>
            <Publish Dialog="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Control="RemoveButton"
Event="NewDialog" Value="VerifyReadyDlg">1</Publish>
            <Publish Dialog="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Control="Back"
Event="NewDialog" Value="MaintenanceWelcomeDlg">1</Publish>

     <Publish Dialog="VerifyReadyDlg" Control="Back" Event="NewDialog"
Value="InstallDirDlg" Order="1">NOT Installed</Publish>
            <Publish Dialog="VerifyReadyDlg" Control="Back"
Event="NewDialog" Value="MaintenanceTypeDlg"
Order="2">Installed</Publish>

I've tried run this uninstall from the command line but when I run it
with msiexec /uninstall .. it uninstalls without the repeating dialog
sequence.

Rob

------
This white paper is intended to serve as a reference, checklist and
point of
discussion for anyone considering optimizing the pricing and packaging
model
of a cloud services business. Read Now!
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51491232/