I got a couple of custom actions that I need to run elevated so I've got them
setup as deferred.   I understand these run on a thread outside the execution
of the main installer session so I've setup my installe/custom actions to use
the CustomActionData property.

Some detail on one of the custom actions:

CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser changes the computer
(creates some things), so It needs elevated priviledges. I need it to have
access to the session variable [CommonHTSServer].

According to everything I read... here is my script:

<CustomAction
Id="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser.SetProperty" Return
="check" Property ="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser" Value
="[CommonHTSServer]" />

<CustomAction Id="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser"
BinaryKey="SqlServerCustomAction"
DllEntry="CreateSQLServerDatabaseImpersonationLoggedInDomainUser"
Execute="deferred" Impersonate ="no"/>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom
Action="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser.SetProperty" After
="InstallFinalize">Not Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action ="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser"
After ="CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser.SetProperty">Not
Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action ="CreateHTSServiceConfig" Sequence="1603">Not
Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action ="ConfigureNonAdministratorUserToUseWCFServices"
Sequence="1604">Not Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action ="RemoveSSLAndWCFAssignmentsAndHTSLicense"
Sequence="1599">Installed</Custom>
      <Custom Action ="Delete_HTSLogFiles_CleanupTask"
Sequence="1601">Installed</Custom>
</InstallExecuteSequence>

I get the compile error :
Error   30      ICE77: CreateSQLServerDatabaseWithImpersonationLoggedInUser is
a in-script custom action.  It must be sequenced in between the
InstallInitialize action and the InstallFinalize action in the
InstallExecuteSequence table

Thanks !

Rob