I have a question regarding performance, as we move from an earlier version of
wix 2.0.5325.0 to the current stable build.
A little background on how we use wix:
We start with a very simple xml file, which contains only the essential things
that define what goes in the msi.
Here is what a website setup project looks like:

OurWebSite.wixml

<install SetupProjectName="OurWebSite"
ProductCode="343e0bea-7f2e-4513-b420-9f57b321aa73" ProductName="Our Web Site">
  <source path="Web Sites\Our Web Site">
    <exclude pattern="\.cs$"/>
    <exclude pattern="\.csproj$"/>
  </source>
</install>

After our build is complete, another process reads all wixml files and foreach:

  merge a xsl template to generate valid wxs out file
  then batch execute:
    candle -out %1.wixobj %1.wxs > C:\WixLogs\%1.candle.out
    light -out %1.msi %1.wixobj > C:\WixLogs\%1.light.out

So that's our custom process - kudos to the wix team, we've built millions of
msi this way.

We recently encountered a problem building a project targeted for the .net
framework 4.0.
So I decided to use a newer version of wix (3.5.2519.0) without changing our
process (although I had to update our wxs template to match the wix3 schema).
Test builds yielded a working msi, but the time taken for msi generation step
is much longer.
I don't have an accurate comparison from the build box yet, but it usually
takes about 314s for all 200 msi.  With wix3.5, it got to 1680s before the
process had to end prematurely.
With a clean checkout from svn (no dll's or exe's built yet), wix2 took 74s,
wix3.5 took 202s.
I tried the -ss flag for light but that didn't help.

Is there anything about this process or in general I can look at to get the
per-msi compile time down?

Andrew Dalgleish
Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Application Developer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------RoadLoans.com
 - Auto Finance Made Easy
http://www.roadloans.com

Follow RoadLoans on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/roadloans

Download the RoadLoans App for your Smartphone
http://iphone.roadloans.com & http://android.roadloans.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
Sections 2510-2521. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or there are
any problems please notify the originator immediately.

The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the Santander Consumer USA network. Santander Consumer USA
Inc. will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as
a result of any virus being passed on.