From: MikeGa [mailto:mjgalla...@comcast.net]
Sent: September-20-12 11:59 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] variables not working...

StevenOgilvie wrote
> I have these two set:
>
>   <?define LogonUserName = "[%USERNAME]"?>
>   <?define LogonDomainName = "[%USERDOMAIN]"?>
>
> Then this property:
> <Property Id="DATABASE_USERNAME" Secure="yes"
> Value="$(var.LogonDomainName)\$(var.LogonUserName)" /> but when I use
> it at runtime I see this:
> [%USERDOMAIN]\[%USERNAME]

Have you tried defining the variables this way:

<?define LogonUserName=$(env.USERNAME)?> <?define
LogonDomainName=$(env.USERDOMAIN)?>

I think you could even combine them and make one variable that you could
use:

<?define LogonAccount=$(env.USERDOMAIN)\$(env.USERNAME)?>

<Property Id="DATABASE_USERNAME" Secure="yes" Value="$(var.LogonAccount)" />