Thank you for clarifying this for me, Peter!

I ran the MSI without REINSTALL and REINSTALLMODE and it worked like a charm!
Your explanation was perfect and Rob's response provided further
clarifications on this page
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/526707/major-vs-minor-upgrade-in-windows-installer

Thanks,

Alec