UI customization is an area that is easy to discount the effort involved but
hard to get right. We are open, however, to ideas on making it better.
Especially if those ideas include code that work with the engine.

The extended BA was an excellent (IMHO) improvement in increasing flexibility
in the UI and that was one of the factors that went into it being incorporated
into 3.8. If someone contributes a "silent BA" as an additional option to the
toolset I don't think there would be any objections to it being added.