 From: "Rob Mensching" <r...@robmensching.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:57 AM
To: "General discussion about the WiX toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Where are my migrated issues?

Since this is the second time you've brought it up, I'll take some time to
address the comments so everyone knows why we use the new issue tracker. First,
I rolled our own issue tracker after Bob and I were unhappy with the other
available options. We had a vision of a bug workflow that would aid our efforts
to triage while making it clear how the WiX toolset is progressing. Thus far,
it's helping out a lot in triage and we're adding features requests that will
help us on the progress reporting front.  It's also *very* nice to know that we
can add features and fix things to make life more enjoyable for those that
spend many hours per week managing the WiX toolset (triage is vital but can be
pretty life sucking). Second, I took on the issue tracker in my free time to
gain a better understanding of web technologies. For example, I now know that
adding a search box isn't actually three lines of jQuery (although I've learned
you can do some pretty amazing stuff in just three lines of jQuery) but it's
not a whole lot of work either. I haven't added the search box yet because I've
grouped it in with a few other small features that just haven't bubbled to the
top of my priority list yet. Third, the issue tracker's issue tracker is on
GitHub because they had the issue tracker that had some of the more interesting
features. That issue tracker (like all the others) is missing some key features
(such as the "Untriaged" status) but since it did quite a few things right I
wanted to user their system extensively to get a good feel for it. It does look
a little funny that the issue tracker doesn't dogfood itself but there is a
method behind the madness. <smile/> So, anyway, the tinyBugs issue tracker is
working out well for us right now in triage. There are certainly things that
need to be improved. The issue tracker on GitHub should be tracking them and if
not, we should add it. PS: "As if there's isn't enough WiX work to get done.
:)" maybe you're only joking but this is the second time you left that comment
it is actually pretty hurtful. On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Christopher
Painter <chr...@iswix.com>wrote: > > > Yes, for some reason  Rob has decided to
roll his own issue tracking > system and it currently doesn't have a search
feature.  As if there's isn't > enough WiX work to get done. :) > > The
"feature request" for that is on yet another bug tracking system: > >
https://github.com/robmen/tinybugs/issues/33 > > A coworker who is a web
developer tells me that he could write a textbox > search feature in about 3
lines of jquery.  I don't know as that's not my > thing. > >
---------------------------------------- >  From: "Pallier, Manuel / BEKO Graz"
<manuel.pall...@beko.at> > Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:21 AM > To:
"General discussion about the WiX toolset." < >
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net> > Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Where are my
migrated issues? > > Thanks. > Now I also found out how to find them. "a little
harder to search for" is > a nice description for the fact that you have to
explicitly add a > "status:Untriaged" filter. Would be great if that was
documented somewhere, > usually a search without additional filters searches
through all items ;-) > > Is there a way to get notified of changes in issues
in the new issue > tracker? I registered a new account there but even then I
can't find > anything to add notifications. > > About triage, it would be great
if you could have a quick look at those > issues, but it's not too important. >
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > Von: Blair Murri [mailto:os...@live.com]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013 13:38 > An: General discussion about
the WiX toolset. > Betreff: Re: [WiX-users] Where are my migrated issues? > >
Both happen to still be untriaged (there are still over 600 of those, so > no
surprise there, but there were well over 700 at the time of the > migration
IIRC) and untriaged bugs are currently a little harder to search > for in that
new interface. > > http://wixtoolset.org/issues/3511/ <-- old feature request:
679 > http://wixtoolset.org/issues/3165/ <-- old bug: 2532 > > We have a triage
meeting today (actually once or twice a week), you can > ask for these to be
addressed there you wish. You can even attend (even > better) to
defend/describe your bugs/features (it is held online and > recorded). > > >
From: chr...@iswix.com > > To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net;
wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net > > Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 03:49:51 -0700 > >
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Where are my migrated issues? > > > > Try: > > > >
Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:43 AM > > To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" >
> <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net> > > Subject: [WiX-users] Where are my
migrated issues? > > > > Hi, > > > > I've created a feature request in the
Sourceforge ticket tracker a > > long time ago and I've also followed a bug
entered by a different > > user. Both tickets were closed on 2013-08-21 with
the status > > "migrated" but I can't find them on the new issue tracker. Where
did > they go? > > > > These are the original tickets: > >
http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/feature-requests/679/ > >
http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/2532/ > > > >