NOTE: This is primarily an issue with our daily dev/interim builds.  This
isn't an issue with QA and/or released builds as they have unique
Major.Minor.Build numbers.

I'd like some means to block the install, treat it as an upgrade or even
just a simple pop-up "Do you really want to install another version of this
package?".

Here's the scenario...

Currently installed application:
UpgradeCode = 123,
ProductCode = AAA,
PackageCode = BBB,
ProductVersion = 1.0.0.0

I'd like to prevent this package from being installed (or show a pop-up,
etc.)...
UpgradeCode = 123,
ProductCode = DDD,
PackageCode = FFF,
ProductVersion = 1.0.0.1

Is there some way prevent this with FindExistingProducts? AppSearch?
FileSearch? RegSearch?

If not can I get the ProductVersion of any installed application that has
the matching UpgradeCode assign it to a Property and compare versions in a
custom action?

Thanks,
--
Tony