Te report of Nit failing, above, is when I added the 'Test' target to my main
project without adding any Lux specific commands.  So while the verbose
MSBuild log that I posted showed that it tried to collect the UnitTest wxs
and compile them, it did not run the linker and produce a different MSI
package.  So Nit ran on the original project msi and produced the error as
you indicated.

My second approach with the cmd file is as follows:

call "%wixBin%\lux.exe" .\obj\%config%\CustomActions.wixobj -out .\%~n0.wxs
if not %errorLevel%==0 goto :erLux
::This call to Lux is successful producing the wxs file (named the same as
my cmd file (MsiTestProperties_tests.wxs)

call "%wixBin%\candle.exe" -ext WixLuxExtension -ext WixUtilExtension
.\%~n0.wxs
if not %errorLevel%==0 goto :erCandle
::This call to candle is successful dropping the wixobj in the project
folder (rather than in the obj folder)

call "%wixBin%\light.exe" -ext WixLuxExtension .\%~n0.wixobj
.\obj\%config%\CustomActions.wixobj
"C:\Development\Installs\9.0_Installs\Library\RdpPkgLib\RdpPkgLib.wixlib"
-out .\bin\%config%\%~n0.msi
if not %errorLevel%==0 goto :erLight
::Light fails indicating that it cannot find the definition of Users table.

Thanks for the help. Phill