Bill Haneman wrote:

> For instance, if a switch device (not associated with XInput or
> emulating a mouse button) is used to drive an onscreen keyboard like
> GOK; or if a braille "keyboard" (which doesn't connect to the XServer as
> a keyboard, but has its own unique serial interface) is used to focus a
> GUI component or popup a window.  OR if the result of interacting with
> such devices causes an app to post a new window via AtkAction.  From the
> user's perspective, s/he has made a device request, but the XServer
> doesn't see these devices as standard keyboards or mice (or even
> extended XInput devices).

Probably the simplest solution that would mostly work would be to just
cause a property notify in order to get a timestamp from the X server,
then use that timestamp. There's a function people have been
cut-and-pasting around for this, I just saw it in libgunique, I think
it's in metacity and gtk also.

Havoc