On Fri,  3 Feb 2012 at 22:48:38 +0800, Paul Harris wrote:

> keep it simple,

That's an argument to use frames, actually. At least for someone
with little web design knowledge as myself.

I did what I was capable of doing with the limited time I have,
and the result is on beta.windowmaker.org. Trying to avoid frames
for the sake of avoiding frames would require more javascript or
php, AFAICS. PHP seems feasible, but it would require more time (I'd
have to install apache on my laptop etc).

If people don't like frames and can't invest time themselves to patch
the page implementing a better solution, then I think I don't have a
good argument to make that layout the new webpage and add more content
to it -- which would be easy with the current solution, only a bit
tedious.