From: wpkops-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:wpkops-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
=JeffH
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:31 PM
To: wpkops@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [wpkops] Second draft charter proposal

a detail-level comment:

 > Also, the reliability of the Web PKI depends critically on the practices of
 > > its certificate issuers.  However, the topic of practices is outside the
 > > scope of the IETF.  Therefore, this will be left to other competent bodies.

"practices of ... certificate issuers" needs to be clearly defined in order to
disambiguate between, e.g., verification of certificate issuance requester and
CA infrastructure operational practices.

My understanding is that this scope declaration is intended to exclude the
former and not necessarily the latter, but this isn't clear.

HTH,

=JeffH